Humans communicate in different languages when they talk to each other. Dogs bark while they talk to a fellow dog. But how exactly does a human communicate with a dog? Lots of people have pets and it’s a matter of great importance to understand what your pet wants. Dogs usually display a few gestures that can easily give you an idea of their mood. Their eyes and ears are a giveaway when it comes to their emotions. :-
1) The ear
- If your dog’s ears are pricked straight up, it usually indicates that it’s paying attention to what’s been said or done. It can also indicate that the dog is fully interested in playing or if it is curious as it tries to pick up on distant sounds.
- The dog’s ears flattened backwards on its head indicate that it is scared or threatened.
- Ears flattened forwards might indicate that the dog is getting ready for a fight.
- Limp ears might indicate that the dog is unhappy or anxious.
- Wide eyes indicate your pet’s playfulness and happiness.
- When dogs stare, they usually try to prove their dominance. In cases of aggression, it is usually accompanied with growling too.
- Blinking or winking also indicates playful nature.
- Shying away from eye contact indicates that the dog is being submissive or that it knows it just got scolded.
- Narrowed eyes indicate that the dog feels aggressive and angry. It usually means that the dog is getting ready to attack.
Thus, knowing these basic tricks, you can definitely find a pet who will be helpful for you, and also take care of your pets efficiently.