If you are looking to found complex creatures then look no further than domestic pets. Have you ever asked yourself why they do some of the crazy things that they do? For instance, I bet your cat is very smart but have you ever wondered how sharp your cat’s memory is? Other questions such as why your bird is constantly eating and why your dog will always out run you are just some of the strange things about our domestic pets that we will never get to understand.
To make your mind guessing even more here are some facts about cats that are bound to keep you guessing:
• A cat is capable of jumping seven times its own height.
• While dogs have only ten vocal sounds cats are known to have over 100.
• Cats do not have sweat glands
• Kindle is a pack of small cats or kittens if you like and a pack of cats which are adults is called a clowder.
• Cats have the ability to run for almost 12 miles per hour.
• Cats are able to sprint at nearly thirty miles per hour.
• A cat’s body is extremely flexible and its skeleton contains over 230 bones. A cat’s pelvis, as well as shoulders, is usually attached to the spine loosely. This aspect makes the cat very flexible and can easily fit in very tiny places.
• A cat’s tongue is usually lined with papillae which makes it very scratchy. Papillae are elevated backward hooks which are very tiny and they usually help in holding a cat’s prey in place.
• Cats tend to have a good memory compared to dogs.
Although the original cat is said to be a desert animal, these creatures still cannot tolerate too much heat. These pets only release sweat through their foot pads. It's the only way they can ward off excess heat and you can just imagine how easy it is for them to suffer heat stroke in high…Read more